- Science student shines in literary competition
UTAR Biotechnology degree student Tay Yi Lun proved his special affinity for literature when he was announced the winner in one of the 12th Religious Literary Award (第十二屆宗教文學獎) in February 2014.
- Words of Wisdom by Engineer-cum-Entrepreneur
Invited by UTAR Department of Consultancy and Commercialisation (DCC), Executive Chairman of Dialog Bhd Dr Ngau Boon Keat delivered an inspiring talk at UTAR Perak Campus on 18 April 2014.
- Hundreds partake in Mind Competitions 2014
The Malaysian Mental Literacy Movement (MMLM) in collaboration with UTAR and Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (TAR UC) organised the Mind Competitions 2014 on 19 April 2014 with over 700 registered participants.
- An amazing win!
A team of eleven UTAR students from the Department of Surveying, Faculty Engineering and Science (FES) won 1st runner-up in the amazing race competition under the "Expanding QS Boundaries Seminar & QS Amazing Race 2014" which was organised by the Royal Institution of Surveyors Malaysia (RISM) Quantity Surveying Division Junior Organization.
- Promoting STEM through Robot Competition
Following the success of the UTAR School Engineering and Science Design Mentorship Programme (SESDMP), the Faculty of Information and Communication Technology (FICT) of UTAR organised a robotic competition, called Robo Olympics 2014 for the four SESDMP participating schools in Kampar namely, SMJK Pei Yuan, SMK Methodist (ACS), Sekolah Menengah Pei Yuan and Westlake International School at the UTAR Perak Campus on 12 April 2014.
- The Power of Eight
The number '8' is the symbol of infinity with a constant flow of energy in perpetual motion. Also often associated with competition, eight was the total number of medals brought home by UTAR students from the INTI International University (IU) Badminton Inter-University Challenge 2014 held from 21 to 23 March, and the MMU Invitational Taekwondo Tournament 2014 held from 28 to 30 March.
- UTAR Excellence Award 2013
In support of UTAR's aim towards excellence in teaching and research, the University encourages and recognises achievements in the University through its annual excellence awards and this year's awards to four academics were presented on 8 April 2014 at the Petaling Jaya campus.
- Visit from Shizuoka University Japan
Professor Konno Kiwahito, Dean of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of Shizuoka University, Japan paid a courtesy call to UTAR recently. He visited the UTAR Perak Campus and met up with representatives of various faculties.
- USTAR Study Tour to Australia
A delegation of 9 led by Tun Dr Ling Liong Sik under the University System of Tunku Abdul Rahman (USTAR) went for a fruitful learning visit to Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutes in Adelaide and Sydney Australia from 26 to 28 March 2014.
- UTAR inks pact with Phisontech
UTAR and Phisontech Electronics (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd set sights on greater collaboration after having sealed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) at UTAR Perak Campus on 27 March 2014.
R & D ACTIVITIES
- Agriculture Technology Seminar Series V Organized By UTAR Centre for Biodiversity Research (CBR) A Success
- Fourth Series of UTAR Agriculture Technology Seminar A Success
- Centre for Biodiversity Research Organized Pulsed Field Gel Electrophoresis (PFGE) Workshop
- UTAR Centre for Biodiversity Research (CBR) Organized Series III of Agriculture Technology Seminar
- Centre of Biodiversity Research Agriculture Technology Seminar Series II
- Public Lecture by Professor Dato' Dr Ibrahim Ahmad Bajunid
- Research Seminar - 26 March 2010
HONOURS & AWARDS
- PROFESSOR / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / ASSISTANT PROFESSOR / SENIOR LECTURER / LECTURER - ENGLISH LANGUAGES AND LINGUISTICSFaculty of Arts and Social Science
- ASST PROFESSOR / LECTURER - LOGISTICS AND INTERNATIONAL SHIPPINGFaculty of Science
- PROFESSOR / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / ASSISTANT PROFESSOR / SENIOR LECTURER - PSYCHOLOGY (INDUSTRIAL AND ORGANISATION PSYCHOLOGY)
- ASST PROFESSOR / LECTURER - LOGISTICS AND INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING