(a) Temporary Student ID
- A replacement fee of RM5.00 shall be charged to students who have to replace lost/damaged temporary student ID card due to negligence.
- Students who have lost the temporary student ID card due to robbery, snatch theft or natural calamities would get 50% discount of the replacement fee if they could produce a police report. Please ensure your Student ID number is indicated in the police report if you wish to qualify for the 50% discount.
(b) Permanent Student ID Card
- Replacement payment due to negligence would be as per Table 1 below:
No Replacement Frequency RM 1 1st Time 25.00 2 2nd Time 50.00 3 3rd Time onwards 75.00
- Replacement payment due to robbery, snatch theft or natural calamities would be as per Table 2 below if they could produce a police report:
No Replacement Frequency RM 1 1st Time
50% discount from replacement fee of RM25.00 per card. i.e. Student only pay RM12.50 per card. Please ensure your Student ID number is indicated in the police report if you wish to qualify the 50% discount.
2 2nd Time 50% discount from replacement fee of RM25.00 per card. i.e. Student only pay RM12.50 per card. Please ensure your Student ID number is indicated in the police report if you wish to qualify the 50% discount.
- SODEMC would improvise the collection system to prompt cashier on screen with information of frequency and amount to be collected from student.
- Collection of your newly renewed Student ID will be two (2) weeks after your photo has been taken.
All students vehicle sticker are NOT transferable.
Effectively 15/7/10, the following penalties shall apply to students who do not follow this rule:
- Students who are caught using vehicle stickers not issued for that particular vehicle shall be fined Ringgit Malaysia Twenty Five (RM25) for the first offence and for any subsequent offences a sum of Ringgit Malaysia Fifty (RM50) only.
- The owner of the vehicle sticker who consents and allows his/her vehicle sticker to be utilized for a purpose contrary from which it is issued shall be penalized by having to forfeit his/her eligibility to use his/her vehicle sticker for the rest of the validity period, unless he/she, prior to the occurrence of the incident, had reported to DSA the loss of his/her vehicle sticker. The vehicle sticker is the sole responsibility of the applicant/owner of the vehicle sticker.
- Fine must be paid to the Department of Finance (during working hours) OR to the Deparment of Safety and Security (after working hours - excluding Sat & Sun) WITHIN THREE (3) Working Days from the date of issuance of notice to pay. Students who fail to do so, shall face the penalty(ies) imposed by the disciplinary committee.
- If your car is under maintenance/ or sent for repairs, you are not allowed to transfer your sticker to another vehicle because the sticker belongs to the registered vehicle number only.
- Please come to DSA and obtain a temporary pass letter. The letter is only valid for 2 weeks. No second letter would be issued for the same student in each trimester.
- If you decide to change your vehicle, kindly renew your vehicle sticker for RM5.
No. If you are caught altering of your sticker, you will be fine and the sticker will be forfeited.
No. You need to bring it to DSA for amendments.
Submit a vehicle application form, a police report and write in a formal letter to DSA to request for a new sticker.
RM5 will be charged for reissuing a new sticker.
Student Vehicle parking sticker, Night Pass (valid after 6pm), Final Year Project Pass (Only applicable to final year students who are currently doing research papers on science/engineering course. Note: Subject to the recommendation of Supervisor and the approval of Faculty DEAN).
Please proceed to Department of Safety and Security to report your lost item.
CLUBS & SOCIETIES
NOTE: For information about club/societies and applying for recognition at University Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR), please refer to Regulation XIV - Societies and Student Activities.
If your application for recognition is successful, a notice of recognition will be sent from Department of Student Affairs indicating that the recognition was approved.
The pro-tem committee needs to have a copy of the club/society's constitution that follows the guidelines provided as below:-
While university does not provide funding, there are other sources of funding for student's club/society.
- Fund-Raising from external organizations/authorities.
- Sponsorship (Monetary or Otherwise)
NOTE: Prior approval must be obtained from the Head of Student Affairs before any society can enter into any agreements/contracts, verbal or written, with any external organization.
A Sponsorship letters that follow the guidelines provided need to be vetted by the Languages and Linguistics lecturer.
- Request to post your event on the Department of Student Affairs's Facebook Page and Event Calendar.
- Post the event on your club/society website/facebook.
- Send the details of your event out to your club/society via email/Whatsapp/messenger etc.
- Request to post your event on UTAR Portal.
- Host a booth or information table on campus to recruit members, highlight your club/society activities, and promote your events.
Drop by our office at Department of Student Affairs. See our Clubs & Societies Unit officers here
The Best Club and Society Award shall be awarded to a club and society committee that has performed an excellent job within their elected term of service. Criteria to determine the Best Club and Society Award click HERE.
The Best Student Leader Award is designed to reward those students who are commited to take on leadership positions that require a significant amount of time, energy, enthusiasm, effort, and thought. Students serving as chairman or vice chairman of a registered student club or society, university-sanctioned committee, committee of a university-wide project or activity (to be determined by DSA) or hold office in UTAR Student Representative Council are eligible to receive this award (a challenge trophy, cash of RM 200 and a certificate).
This award will be recommended by the Student Affairs Committee and forwarded to the SMC for approval. The award would be given out during the UTAR Ball.
Award criteria click HERE.
COUNSELLING & GUIDANCE
No, all counselling services are free of charge.
Yes, you have to come to DSA Office, from 8.30am-5.30pm to make an appointment with your respective counsellor.
No, counselling is for normal people for better self understanding and life adjustment.
No, counselling is for those looking for better coping and personal development.
Yes, counselling is given for disciplinary cases and upon volunteerism, which are all strictly private & confidential.