Students who had attended the Health talks and signed for the attendance on 17/11 at A009 can now claim for the soft skills points. The category is Lifelong Learning & Information Management (2 points). Please share this message to your friends.
Department of Student Affairs - Kpr.
Please check the validity date on your student ID card. If your student ID card has expired, kindly proceed to SODEMC for renewal. For your information, students who are carrying expired student ID cards are not allowed to enter the campus and also not entitled for any student benefits.
Illegal selling/buying of UTAR vehicle stickers
UTAR vehicle stickers are to be used by the designated vehicles only and cannot be assigned to the other vehicles. Selling of the stickers or buying the stickers from other sources are illegal and it is a serious offense.
Students who are involved in selling or buying the stickers or allowed the stickers to be used by other vehicles will be charged, among others, under Section 6(2) of Student Code of Conduct ["the Code"] which states that: -
"A student shall not violate any provision of any written law, whether within or outside the campus."
And Section 25.5 Falsifying University documents or records
"Making, possessing, or using any falsified, torn or defaced University document or record; altering any University document or record, University vehicle sticker etc. is an offence."
If found guilty, the student will be suspended from study.
Department of Student Affairs
Pursuant to the government effort to create a green environment and to save energy and water nationwide, UTAR strongly encourages the staff/students to save electricity and water in all campuses. Saving electricity and water is a team effort that involves everyone in the campuses.
The following are some tips for your attention:
1. Switch off computers when not in use. Appliances such as computers, TVs, cell phone charger, electronic devices, etc. still consume energy by just being plugged in or when on standby mode. Unplug them when not in use.
2. Do not leave computers at standby mode at the end of the day or over the weekend as this can still draw electricity use. Turn off the monitor and CPU if you are away from office for a period of time.
3. Turn off lights, fans and air conditioners when nobody is in the room.
4. Do not open windows or doors in an air-conditioned room just to avoid being too cold, instead set air-conditioners to suitable level of temperature (such as 24°C or above) as more energy is required to keep the rooms cool.
5. Stop charging mobile device when it is full.
6. Use the stairs instead of lift as it saves electrical energy and also helps train our physical body.
7. Consider the environment before you print to save energy as well as paper.
1. Report all water leaks immediately.
2. Turn off all taps after use. Do not keep the tap water running unnecessarily.
4. Do not use too much detergent in washing your cups/utensils as more water is needed to wash them clean.
“TOGETHER WE SAVE ENERGY & WATER”
Energy Management Committee
Student Disciplinary Penalty
Please take note that with IMMEDIATE EFFECT, students caught and found guilty of submitting fake MCs, doctored /
amended MCs, etc. will be given TWO (2) trimesters suspension (instead of the current ONE trimester suspension).
Department of Student Affairs
Kampar & Sg Long Campuses