UTAR is an Examination Centre for the Malaysian University English Test (MUET) following the approval by the Ministry of Education. The MUET centers are as follows:
- UTAR Sungai Long Campus
- UTAR Kampar Campus
Effective from May 2009 Intake, all UTAR Bachelor Degree Programme students (except for students taking the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Chinese Studies Degree Programme) are required to pass the MUET with a minimum of Band 3 before graduation. However, students who are taking the following programmes must pass the MUET with a minimum of Band 4 before graduation:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) English Language and Bachelor of Arts (Hons) English Education - May 2015 Intake Onwards (Note: Students who are admitted to these two programmes from May 2009 Intake to January 2015 Intake are required to pass the MUET with a minimum of Band 3)
The students must meet this requirement within the maximum duration of the programme of study. However, students who possess MUET result that meet the requirement (i.e. Band 3 or Band 4 and above) upon entering UTAR should be exempted from this requirement. These students could opt to sit for the test again to improve their grades.
Procedures of MUET registration:
- Download MUET Registration Form
- Fill in the registration form and make a payment of RM101.06 at any Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) counter (RM100 is for registration and subject fees and RM1.06 is for the purchase of the PinMEC number inclusive of 6% GST).
- Submit the completed registration form, receipt of payment which is issued by Bank Simpanan Nasional and a photocopy of NRIC to any of the following counter for registration:
1. Sungai Long Campus - DEAS Office (KB007)
2. Kampar Campus - DEAS Office (F004 - Administration Block)
- Before the submission of the MUET registration form, please ensure that the venue for sitting the MUET Exam is stated correctly on the form. Any changes after submission of the form will not be entertained.
- Your registration form will not be sent to MPM if you fail to register at the above mentioned counters. Henceforth, this will also disqualify you from sitting for the MUET examination.
Once registered, Majlis Peperiksaan Malaysia (MPM) will inform Division of Examinations, Awards, and Scholarships (DEAS) on the Examination Timetable and other related information. This could be accessed via student intranet and notice boards.