The purpose of the UTAR Scholarship/Loan is to provide financial assistance to deserving and needy students of the University.
Criteria for Selection
Consideration for the Scholarship/Loan will be based on the following criteria:
- Must be a Malaysian citizen;
- Family and personal income and commitments;
- Scholastic ability and academic performance;
- Character and involvement in extra-curricular activities.
- Has obtained admission to Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman
- Pursuing Full Time of Foundation/Degree Programmes
Applications shall be made on prescribed forms and shall be submitted to the Division of Examinations, Awards and Scholarships. Applicants should not concurrently hold any other scholarship, loan or financial aid.
- Each Scholarship/Loan shall be subjected to review by the University on a Trimester/Semester basis.
- The University shall be entitled to make such enquiries into an applicant's financial standing as is deemed necessary. An applicant must name two referees who are not related to him and who will be able to report on the applicant financial circumstances and character.
- Each applicant must have the consent of his parent or guardian.
- Successful applicants will be required to enter into an agreement with the University. Two referees approved by the University are required for each applicant.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw the Scholarship/Loan at any time should the University find that the information given by the students is untrue or incorrect. In this instance, the amount of the Scholarship/Loan disbursed shall be repaid immediately.
- In the event of any misconduct of the said Scholarship/Loan recipient resulting in penalties/punishment from the University's Disciplinary Board, the Scholarship/Loan will automatically be withdrawn.