Academic exchange programme is open to pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate programmes, internship programme, final year project, research projects, the short-term courses or/and training courses offered by Centre for Extension Education (CEE).
Please click here to view the academic calender.
1. Applicants must be full-time students of the partner institution with sufficient proficiency in the English Language.
2. The duration of study must be one trimester or up to one academic year. Applicants are advised to consult their faculty and the international office staff prior to making any decisions on an exchange.
3. Applicants on an academic exchange may attend classes with or without seeking credit transfers for subjects taken at UTAR. Applicants need to fulfill all attendance and programme requirements at UTAR while ensuring that the requirements of the home institution are not breached during the exchange.
4. Applicants may join any international activities or programmes offered at UTAR :
i. Training courses/ English Immersion Programme/ Cultural Learning Programme by the
5. Applicants should return to their home institution to complete their programme of study. The exchange programme allows a maximum of one academic year of exchange and the awarding of the degree is the home institution, not UTAR.
6. Training and certificate courses organized by the UTAR Centre for Extension Education (CEE) will be issued UTAR certificates upon completion and fulfillment of the course at UTAR.
Internship programme/ Research attachment
1. Applicants can opt to undertake a period of research or internship at UTAR provided approval is sought at the home institution. The duration of internship or research can be two weeks up to one year and may also vary depending on the agreed duration between institutions.
2. No stipend or allowance for the duration of the internship or research at UTAR.
3. Applicants must return to their home institution to continue and complete their programme of study or research. The awarding of degree is by the home institution, not UTAR.
4. Written approvals and recommendation from the home institution and a brief of the internship or research must be provided during the application for the exchange programme.
5. Applicants pay for their return airfare, accommodation, transport, meals, stationery and other living expenses for the duration of their exchange programme at UTAR.
Like us and join us at:
Scan the QR code as below: